Saturday 10 September 2016

New beginning

Bitter End Blog

September 21, 2016


Well, this is new. I draw a cartoon called Valley Road that I put out each Sunday. I felt that I needed time away from the process of a weekly cartoon to focus on other things. I thought that I would take the summer off and return in September with it.

Over the summer my mind kept whirling and other ideas came up. I thought of a daily or bi-daily cartoon. I was sitting one day and sketching when all of a sudden this character came out and appeared on my page. He is an odd character but exciting at the same time. He was a small individual, probably about an inch high the first time I drew it. After many modifications I came up with the character you are seeing for the first time today.

I decided to call him Wiggins. This is after a name I came across and thought it would fit the character perfectly. He looks like a Wiggins in every way, or at least in my thought pattern at the time. He was totally bald when first imagined but after a few weeks I added the whisps of hair. I think that it finished off the character impressively.
So, today you get your first glance at Wiggins. He was originally going to be a stand alone with the thought of it being a daily doodle. I liked him enough to develop him a little more and decided to have him as a once a week release. I was having coffee one day and my wife suggested that I should start a blog. Great idea I thought, as the idea had floated through my head many times before, I just don't know what I would write about. Along comes Wiggins and the blog idea again. I put one and one together and thought that Wiggins would be a great start to the blog. Put the cartoon there and then a blog below it talking about the subject of the cartoon. This blog will include poems, stories and thoughts on my mind at the time.

So today, September 21, 2016 we have the start of Bitter End Blog starring Wiggins.
I hope that you enjoy the cartoon and the thoughts behind the topic each week in the blog.
Have a great week!

P.S. Don't forget to check out my other cartoons, Valley Road & Poke that are starting this week as well on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment